- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Beloved Mexican comic ‘Capulina’ dies at age 85
MEXICO CITY (AP) - The beloved Mexican comic known as “Capulina” has died at age 85, after a six-decade career as Mexico’s equivalent of funny fat man Oliver Hardy.
The spokesman for Mexico’s National Actors Association says comic actor Gaspar Henaine Perez died at a Mexico City hospital. The cause of death hasn’t been released. Henaine Perez had suffered pneumonia and ulcers.
Capulina acted in nearly 100 films, often appearing as a bumbling but good-natured sidekick wearing an old hat with no crown. He later appeared in children’s TV series and movies.
Actors Association spokesman Gustavo de Anda said a memorial service was being held Friday night.
Born on Jan. 6, 1926, Henaine Perez is survived by his wife, a son and a daughter.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Yelp.com's ethics questioned
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.