- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Model Lily Cole branches into art, film, TV
British it-girl Lily Cole doesn’t want to be boxed in: The successful model launched an eco-friendly clothing line, has two upcoming films and a new television series in the works.
“I quite like breaking down this conception of art as this very kind of insular space,” Cole explained in a recent interview. “I’ve worked with a lot of artists through film as a medium… so I’d love to keep doing more within that medium. We’ll see how that manifests.”
The 23-year-old Vogue cover girl, who recently graduated from Cambridge with a degree in art history, will be interviewing top contemporary artists for a six-part Sky Arts series called “Lily Cole’s Art Matters.”
Cole also stars in Mary Harron’s coming of age drama “The Moth Diaries,” available now on Video on Demand and in theaters Friday. Her clothing line is called The North Circular. And in June she’ll share the big screen with Charlize Theron and Kristen Stewart in the reimagined fairy tale, “Snow White and the Huntsman.”
Cole considers herself lucky to have teamed with directors, like Harron, who supported her studies, environmental activism and busy modeling schedule, but admits she’s not quite sure how she balanced it all.
“I don’t know. I’m kind of surprised I fit it in too,” she mused.
Nicole Evatt covers entertainment for The Associated Press. Follow her on Twitter at http://twitter.com/NicoleEvatt
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Hustler sent to every congressional office since 1983
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.