- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Amy Brenneman to star off-Broadway this spring
NEW YORK (AP) - Amy Brenneman plans to return to an off-Broadway stage this spring in the play "Rapture, Blister, Burn."
The star of such TV shows as "Private Practice," "Judging Amy" and "NYPD Blue" will appear in a Playwrights Horizons production of Gina Gionfriddo's comedy opposite Kellie Overbey.
Playwrights Horizons announced Monday that the play, directed by Peter DuBois, will begin previews on May 18 with an opening set for June 12. It ends its run June 24.
Brenneman is a five-time Emmy Award nominee whose theater credits include "God's Heart" at Lincoln Center and "The Learned Ladies" at Classic Stage Company.
In the play, two women covet each other's life. Playwrights Horizons, which commissioned the play, calls it "an unflinching look at gender politics in the wake of 20th century feminist ideals."
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.