- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Rice says U.S. standing in the world is at risk
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice says raising U.S. standing in the world depends on solving problems at home, and that Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney is the man to accomplish that task.
Rice, in her prepared speech to the Republican National Convention, does not mention President Barack Obama by name. But she says the America’s position as the most successful political and economic experiment in history is in danger today.
She speaks of the crisis in education and asks for immigration laws that protect the country’s borders while meeting economic needs.
She says there is a sense that America has for too long carried the burdens of supporting free people and free markets, but that if the United States does not lead no one will lead, fostering chaos.
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Obama tries to calm Israeli fears over Iranian nuke deal 'not based on trust'
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion tops $17 trillion for first time
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Opinion, analysis, and musings on politics, pop culture, reinvention, and the resultant flotsam and jetsam floating around the right-of-center quadrant of the Left Coast.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!