- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Romney accepts GOP nomination at RNC, vows leadership, ‘lots of jobs’
Question of the Day
Republicans got their first good look this week at the vice presidential nominee, Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, and Mr. Romney’s wife, Ann, whose buoyant speech Tuesday night was widely praised.
The party also showcased a powerful lineup of young governors and senators who are quickly becoming the defining face of the GOP. Among them are several Hispanics and Indian-Americans, in what might be the high-water mark for diversity within the GOP’s upper ranks.
Mr. Romney goes into the fall election season having bested Mr. Obama in fundraising the past several months — something that would have been unthinkable earlier this year, when analysts predicted that the incumbent would raise in excess of $1 billion for his campaign.
Now it is Mr. Obama who is pleading with supporters to open their pocketbooks to keep him competitive.
“Just last week alone, Mitt Romney’s campaign and his allies outspent our side by at least three to one in North Carolina, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Colorado, and Pennsylvania, all states we need to win,” Vice President Joseph R. Biden said in a fundraising email sent just ahead of Mr. Romney’s speech.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Stephen Dinan can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- GOP to sue Obama first over health care employer mandate
- McConnell: Border crisis 'getting worse by the day'
- Democrats take aim at First Amendment rights
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Rabbi Shmuley Boteach
- Obama calls GOP lawsuit over executive overreach a 'political stunt'
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Veteran with concealed weapon turns tables on Chicago gunman
- Bush fixed bowling lanes that Obama wants to renovate
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Bloomberg: Pro-gun towns must lack roads
- Google Glass-equipped rifles can fire around corners: It's 'mind-blowing when you actually do it'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs