- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Giants don’t tender contract to closer Wilson
And Sabean didn’t seem convinced those negotiations would move fast, meaning the brass could return from next week’s winter meetings in Nashville, Tenn., still in flux on those two free agents. Sabean has said they are two of his top priorities after left-hander Jeremy Affeldt received an $18 million, three-year contract Nov. 14.
That was a key first step to keeping the talented bullpen together.
“We may be prepared to go with the same group,” Sabean said of the relievers.
San Francisco’s front office has begun internal conversations about a new deal for NL MVP and batting champion Buster Posey that would get the club through his arbitration years or perhaps further.
“We’re open to that. He certainly deserves that consideration,” Sabean said. “I would think it would be later on.”
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to 'man up' in horse carriage fight
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again