- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
- Holiday cheer: Airline grants Christmas wishes for 250 unsuspecting passengers
- U.S. vet held in North Korea says statement was coerced
- NTSB hearing on San Francisco airliner crash postponed
Pet apps make clutter-free gifts for owners
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Apps aren't just for people anymore. Here is a roundup of popular pet apps for mobile devices. The cost of apps ranges from free to a few dollars.
For the iPhone, iPod or iPad:
_ Dog Park Finder Plus, a list of more than 6,000 dog parks and beaches in North America. Also lists 12,000 dog-friendly restaurants.
_ Find Pet Friendly Hotels, a list of over 10,000 pet-friendly hotels, along with weight limits, pet fees, dog parks and more.
_ Fido Factor, a mobile guide to dog-friendly locations.
_ Pet Poison Help, a quick list of poisons, what to do and how to get help.
_ Pet First Aid: for Your Dog, Cat, Puppy, or Kitten, a collection of videos and detailed instructions on what to do when caring for a pet.
_ Petfinder Mobile, the app of the popular pet-search website that includes more than 370,000 animals from 14,000 adoption groups. They will be releasing an Android app soon.
_ RSPCA My Pet, collection of information on how to care for animals from chinchillas to rats.
_ Picture-A-Pet SFSPCA, an adoption site connected to the San Francisco Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
_ PetAdopt HD is a adoption site run by the North Shore Animal League America.
_ Lost Petz, allows people who have lost or been separated from their pets to issue an alert to others in the vicinity.
_ Game for Kittens, a chase-a-laser iPad game for cats and kittens.
For the Android, which are sold through Google Play. Most range from free to a few dollars.
_ PetWise Mobile, a wealth of medical information for pets.
_ VetFinder, search engine for veterinarians and animal hospitals near you.
_ PetSaver, collection of care information for pets, such as pet CPR and first aid.
_ Petcentric, a guide to pet-friendly places.
_ Tropical Fish Guide Pocket Ed., the original Android pocket reference for freshwater tropical fish and plants.
_ Puppy Training, a guide for training a puppy.
_ Pet First Aid, information on emergency care.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Troops forced to rely on welfare, holiday charity
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- PRUDEN: Waiting for Nelson Mandela without the tears
- Oregon fails to sign up single person on health care website as states struggle
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Global economy, the civilizing power of markets and public morals.
News and opinion from a Millennial Urbanite with Southern sensibilities,
Notes from a running nerd: musings and more on all things running.
NFL junkie Eric Golub reports on his favorite obsession. There is no football offseason. Every February he pretends to care about other sports while sobbing uncontrollably each Sunday until September.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow