- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Univision to host 28-hour telethon to benefit kids
MIAMI (AP) - Univision will air a 28-hour telethon featuring Hispanic musicians and television personalities to support children with disabilities, cancer and autism in the United States.
The first annual “TeletonUSA” begins airing at 10 p.m. Friday and runs until 2 a.m. Sunday. It will feature more than 100 Latino stars including Gloria Estefan, Paulina Rubio and Miguel Bose. Viewers will also listen to inspiring stories and personal testimonies.
“Sabado Gigante” host Mario Kreutzberger, better known as Don Francisco, will host the event. Kreutzberger started the first “Teleton” in Chile in 1978 and designed it after the MDA telethons hosted by Jerry Lewis.
Univision hopes to raise millions of dollars for construction of a new rehabilitation center in the United States.
Online at: http://www.univision.com/TeletonUSA
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014