You are currently viewing the printable version of this article, to return to the normal page, please click here.

Taking Names: Laura Ingraham’s radio show to return Jan. 2

- - Sunday, December 16, 2012

Radio talk-show host Laura Ingraham soon will be back on the air after taking a short break.

Courtside Entertainment Group said it will distribute "The Laura Ingraham Show" starting Jan. 2. Meanwhile, she will boost her audience through a deal with Launchpad Digital Media, which will stream the three-hour daily program and make it available for download on podcast.

Talkers magazine said the conservative Ms. Ingraham is the most-listened-to woman on radio, with an estimated 5.75 million listeners a week. Her show, launched in 2001, is now heard on more than 300 radio stations nationally.

She also is a Fox News contributor and principal guest host of "The O'Reilly Factor."

Ms. Ingraham began a brief hiatus from her show last month after ending a deal with its former distributor.

Archive of Schulz letters gets no buyer at auction

A rare archive of letters and drawings by "Peanuts" creator Charles Schulz did not find a buyer at a New York City auction.

Sotheby's had estimated that the letters would sell for $250,000 to $350,000 at Friday's sale.

The cartoonist wrote the affectionate letters to a young woman in 1970 and 1971.

The 44 letters included 22 original drawings of some of the comic strip's characters, including Charlie Brown, Snoopy and Lucy.

Sotheby's called it the most significant collection of correspondence and drawings by Schulz to come to auction.

Schulz died in 2000 at age 77.

Final defendant in burglary ring enters plea

The final defendant in a group charged with burglarizing celebrities' homes pleaded no contest Friday to receiving a jacket stolen from Paris Hilton.

Courtney Leigh Ames entered the plea and is expected to be sentenced on Feb. 1 to three years of supervised probation and 60 days of community service.

Prosecutors dropped felony residential burglary and conspiracy to commit burglary charges and another count of receiving stolen property in exchange for the plea.

Ms. Ames, who had been charged with breaking into Miss Hilton's home, also had been accused of wearing a necklace stolen from Lindsay Lohan's home to court.

Authorities arrested most of the group in October 2009 and accused them of a monthslong crime spree that netted more than $3 million in clothes, jewelry and art from the homes of stars such as Miss Lohan, Miss Hilton, Orlando Bloom, and Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green.

All of the stars have agreed not to seek restitution for their losses.

"From day one, we always knew that Courtney was the least culpable player in this group," her attorney, Robert Schwartz, said after the hearing. "In no way am I condoning or minimizing what was done to these various celebrities, but to connect Courtney Ames with these burglaries was just false."

One of the defendants, Alexis Neiers, quickly ended her case and starred in the short-lived E! Entertainment Television reality show "Pretty Wild," which prominently featured the court case. Lifetime created a television movie inspired by the case and Oscar-winner Sofia Coppola has filmed a movie based on the burglaries and their fallout.

Miss Coppola's film was aided by the lead investigator on the case, Los Angeles police office Brett Goodkin, who failed to disclose his paid work and appearance in the film. That became an issue in recent months and prompted Superior Court Judge Larry Paul Fidler to call Mr. Goodkin's actions "stupid" and a gift to defense attorneys, but not egregious enough to warrant an outright dismissal of the charges against Ms. Ames and two other defendants.

Hugh Jackman gets star on Hollywood Walk of Fame

Australian actor Hugh Jackman got a Hollywood double whammy Thursday as he was nominated for a Golden Globe and got his star on Tinseltown's famous Walk of Fame on the same day.

Mr. Jackman, who is being tipped for a possible Oscar nomination for his role in the upcoming musical adaptation "Les Miserables," said he couldn't believe the good fortune that his career has given him.

"This is quite a ride. ... It's a surreal experience. I'm a kid from the suburb of Barunga, on the northern side of Sydney. ... This is completely surreal," he said as he unveiled his sidewalk star.

"Apart from Lassie, I'm the only one to get to play the same character in 15 movies," he quipped, flanked by "Les Mis" co-star Anne Hathaway, director Tom Hooper, DreamWorks boss Jeffrey Katzenberg and "Tonight Show" host Jay Leno.

Mr. Leno, who was due to interview him later, told Mr. Jackman: "I don't believe wealth and fame change anybody, it exaggerates who you already are. And I think all your wealth and success and fame have just made you a better person."

Mr. Jackman thanked his fans, about 200 of whom turned out to see him get his Walk of Fame star on the sidewalk outside Madame Tussaud's next to Grauman's Chinese Theatre in the tourist center of Tinseltown.

"I have the greatest fans in the world. I don't take it lightly and or take it for granted and thank you so much for all you do. ... The Boy from Oz was a hit because of the fans."

His wife, Deborra-Lee Furness, and adopted children Oscar, 12, and Ava, 7, were also there.

Compiled from Web and wire reports