- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Taking Names: Monty Python sued over royalties from ‘Spamalot’
Question of the Day
“Star Wars” fans soon may have another Yoda statue in the San Francisco Bay area to visit.
Filmmaker George Lucas said he plans to help build a small park in Marin County that would include bronze statues of the popular “Star Wars” character and Indiana Jones.
His estate manager told the Marin Independent Journal the Yoda statue would be similar to one in San Francisco’s Presidio neighborhood. That one — a full-size replica of the Jedi sage — rests atop a fountain outside an arts center where Mr. Lucas moved most of his operations in 2005.
It has become a big draw for fans.
Mr. Lucas applied for a permit Wednesday to demolish a building on the site of the planned park in San Anselmo, the town where he lives.
• Compiled from Web and wire reports
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- New York Times reporter Carol Vogel accused of plagiarism
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- ISIL destroys key bridge leading to Baghdad; suicide truck bomb severed supply line
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world