- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
Taking Names: N.Y. movie critics name ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ best film
Question of the Day
Ms. Price began making films only a few years ago, but the judges said she had created a “powerful body of work over the last three years.” In accepting the prize, Ms. Price said her career would be “unimaginable” without public support for the arts.
The Turner Prize, named after 19th-century landscape painter J.M.W. Turner, was established in 1984 to honor younger British artists. It often sparks debate about the value of modern art. Past winners include transvestite potter Grayson Perry, dung-daubing artist Chris Ofili and shark pickler Damien Hirst.
This year, most media attention had focused on pop-performance artist Spartacus Chetwynd, who creates carnival-style spectacles inspired by everything from Michael Jackson’s music to “Star Wars” character Jabba The Hutt, and illustrator Paul Noble, who produces drawings of a dystopian imaginary city populated by human excrement.
• Compiled from wire reports.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq