- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
Kardashian, West feel ‘blessed’ over baby news
Question of the Day
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) - Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are feeling lucky about their first child together.
"It's true," the 32-year-old reality TV star said in a statement on her site Monday. "Kanye and I are expecting a baby. We feel so blessed and lucky and wish that in addition to both of our families, his mom and my dad could be here to celebrate this special time with us."
Kardashian's father, Robert Kardashian, died in 2003. West's mother, Donda West, died in 2007.
Kardashian added in the blog post that she was "looking forward to great new beginnings in 2013 and to starting a family."
The 35-year-old rapper revealed to a crowd of more than 5,000 in song form at a concert Sunday that his girlfriend is pregnant. Kardashian was in the crowd at Revel Resort's Ovation Hall with her mother, Kris Jenner, and West's mentor and best friend, Jay-Z.
The news instantly went viral online, with thousands posting and commenting on the expecting couple.
Most of the Kardashian clan tweeted about the news, including Kim's sisters. Kourtney Kardashian wrote: "Another angel to welcome to our family. Overwhelmed with excitement!"
West told concertgoers to congratulate his "baby mom" and that this was the "most amazing thing."
Representatives for West and Kardashian didn't immediately respond to emails about the pregnancy.
The rapper and reality TV star went public with their relationship in March.
Kardashian married NBA player Kris Humphries in August 2011 and their divorce is not finalized.
West's Sunday-night show was his third consecutive performance at Revel. He took the stage for nearly two hours, performing hits like "Good Life," "Jesus Walks" and "Clique" in an all-white ensemble with two bandmates.
Kardashian is expected to spend New Year's Eve at public appearance at a Las Vegas nightclub.
AP Writer Bianca Roach contributed to this report.
Follow Mesfin Fekadu on Twitter at http://twitter.com/MusicMesfin. Follow Bianca Roach at http://twitter.com/B__Roach
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- MILLER: Dick Heller challenges D.C.s gun registration, files for summary judgment in Heller II
- KIBBE: Another Republican budget surrender
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- Inside the Ring: China targets Global Hawk drone
- Creator of 'Selfies at Funerals' blog retires after Obama flub: 'Our work here is done'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Headlines from Associated Press and around the Internet
Positive propaganda for a nation in peril.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow