- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
Clinton urges wider pressure on North Korea
BRUSSELS (AP) — Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton on Tuesday expressed deep concern about North Korean plans to carry out a long-range rocket launch this month.
Mrs. Clinton told foreign ministers from NATO and Russia to publicly demand that North Korea stand down.
The tests are banned by the U.N. Security Council, and Washington sees the launches as veiled tests of missiles designed to strike the United States.
North Korea has told nations that it will launch the rocket sometime this month and that debris would fall into the Yellow Sea and waters east of the Philippines.
The defiant declaration already jas forced South Korean officials to reroute flights.
The North says the rocket will be mounted with a polar-orbiting Earth observation satellite.
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014