- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Man killed in hit-and-run in Gaithersburg
A man was killed when he and his brother were hit by a car in what police believe is an intentional hit and run in Gaithersburg early Wednesday morning.
The 34-year-old victim was killed on West Diamond Avenue at 1:17 a.m., according to a Montgomery County police press release. The second victim, 54, was nearby and transported to a hospital for treatment of injuries that were not life-threatening.
Earlier in the morning, the surviving brother told police, he and his brother got a ride from the driver of a black Honda Civic. The car dropped them off near the Gaitherstowne Plaza at Chestnut Street. The man said they walked west on West Diamond Avenue when he believes the same black Honda Civic returned and struck them, according to the release.
Montgomery County Police Officer Rebecca Innocenti said investigators are looking into whether the victims and driver of the car knew each other.
Officers found an unoccupied black Honda Civic in the Gaitherstowne Shopping Center parking lot shortly after arriving on the scene, according to the release. The car has damages consistent with hitting a person.
The investigation is ongoing.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- FIELDS: Oscars' fantasy on the Left Coast
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again