- Ukraine will compete in Sochi Paralympics despite Crimea conflict
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
ZOGBY: President Obama’s weekly report card (Dec. 3-9)
Pollster John Zogby grades the president's week and how its events affect him and his agenda.
"Another good week for the president. His job approval is at 53 percent in the latest Zogby Poll, and 50 percent of U.S. voters are optimistic about the next four years.
"Substantially more voters trust Mr. Obama on the budget and fiscal cliff crisis than trust Republicans in Congress, and a solid majority feel that the president and Congress have a mandate to act on the president's agenda.
"To cap off this good week, unemployment numbers showed strength with new-job growth at an unexpected level of 146,000 and the monthly unemployment rate dipping to 7.7 percent.
"Chinks in the Republicans' armor of the no-tax-increase pledge continue to show, and the president has the stronger hand. Still no deal, but it is beginning to look more and more as if there will be one."
Last week's grade: A
• Follow pollster John Zogby on Twitter (@thejohnzogby)
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- Golden Hammer: Feds spend millions to train executives train in luxury
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again