- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Oscar’s green room wins raves from Brian Grazer
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - When Oscar stars want to escape the camera’s glare, they steal away into the lens-free green room.
Created by interior designer Waldo Fernandez, the Architectural Digest Greenroom is actually decked out in shades of gray.
“It’s soft light, so they will feel comfortable and they will look beautiful,” Fernandez said Thursday. “We wanted to create as calm a palette as possible.”
Just off stage right, the greenroom is decked out in comfy sofas and antique furniture from the 1930s.
“This looks spectacular,” said Academy Awards producer Brian Grazer, who stepped in just before taking a lunch break Thursday. “It’s really comfortable and has a great flow to it. I actually sat in every chair.”
Champagne will be served in the room on Sunday _ an Oscar first. Guests can also log in on numerous laptops left throughout the green room or hide away on a smoking patio for a private puff during the show.
The 84th Academy Awards will be presented Sunday at the Hollywood & Highland Center and broadcast live on ABC.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq