- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
Taking Names: Paisley to perform at White House military salute
Question of the Day
Country star Brad Paisley will be joining the president and first lady in saluting the military on the Fourth of July at the White House.
Mr. Paisley will play the fourth annual “Salute the Military” USO concert for President Obama, Michelle Obama and about 1,200 troops and military families Wednesday night. The performance will be streamed live on the White House website.
Attendees also will be treated to a concert by the U.S. Marine Band, family-friendly games and barbecue along with a premium view of the night’s fireworks display in the District.
A lawyer for the church also dismissed reports that Mr. Cruise — a prominent Scientologist — wanted their 6-year-old daughter, Suri, to join the Sea Organization, described as a boot camp for the controversial religion.
“There is no truth whatsoever to the TMZ.com report (or any other report) that the Church of Scientology has sent anyone to follow or surveil Katie Holmes,” lawyer Gary Soter told Agence France-Presse in an emailed letter.
“The allegation about a 6-year-old joining the Sea Org is similarly untrue,” added Mr. Soter, who described himself as counsel for the Church of Scientology International.
The attorney’s statement came after 33-year-old Ms. Holmes was spotted in New York on Monday without her wedding ring.
She left a shoot for a television series in Times Square, her hair pulled back conservatively in a sleek pony tail and wearing a navy ensemble. Throngs of television satellite trucks and paparazzi were camped outside the Manhattan building where she was staying.
Miami rapper Pitbull soon might be chilling out in Alaska.
Right now, the leading candidate is Kodiak, Alaska. And there might be a reason.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters' questions on book tour
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq