- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
APNewsBreak: Rubio book says he almost quit race
Question of the Day
“The campaign and its problems meant nothing to me that afternoon. I held my son in my arms _ my breathing, living son _ and I wanted nothing else,” Rubio wrote.
Later, Rubio lost his father. He goes into painful detail about his final moments when his father hallucinated and became disoriented. He made a decision to have a nurse administer morphine even though he was warned his father may never wake up. He says his father’s final words to him in Spanish were “I know I am bothering you a lot.” He then fell asleep and did not wake up.
Reporters Tamara Lush in St. Petersburg, Bill Kaczor and Gary Fineout in Tallahassee, and Matt Sedensky, Suzette Laboy and Terry Spencer in Miami contributed to this report.
Follow Brendan Farrington on Twitter at https://twitter.com/bsfarrington
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
How does our 50th state view D.C. politics?
White House pets gone wild!