- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
In Web video, ‘The Wire’ turned into a musical
NEW YORK (AP) - Omar, the shotgun-toting stick-up man of “The Wire,” is finally getting his chance to belt out a solo.
“The Wire: The Musical” debuted Tuesday as a Web video for the site Funny Or Die. The cast of the HBO drama reprises their roles in a mock song-and-dance adaptation of the famously gritty series about urban life and the drug war.
Among the “Wire” actors who participate are Michael Kenneth Williams, Sonja “Kima” Sohn, Andre “Bubbles” Royo, Felicia “Snoop” Pearson and Larry “D’Angelo” Gillard Jr.
The video appears as a four-minute commercial that advertises comically sunny songs like “Omar’s Comin,’” “It’s All in the Game” and “I’m Just a Burner” _ a sad lament from one of the disposable cellphones used by the drug dealers on the show.
TWT Video Picks
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.