- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Historians, scientists, artist win Israeli prize
TEL AVIV, ISRAEL (AP) - South African artist William Kentridge, British historian Sir Martin Gilbert and American scientist David Botstein are among the winners of this year’s prestigious Dan David Prize.
The Dan David Foundation grants the $1 million prizes in three categories _ past, present and future _ for scientific, technological and cultural accomplishments.
The prize, named after philanthropist Dan David, who died last year, is administered from Tel Aviv University.
The foundation announced the 2012 winners Thursday.
Other winners are historian Robert Conquest and scientists Craig Venter and Eric Lander for genome research.
Previous recipients include filmmakers Joel and Ethan Coen and former British Prime Minister Tony Blair.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Paul Ryan to meet with black lawmakers after 'inner cities' flap
- Georgia's new carry law a big win for gun rights
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014