- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
Embassy Row: U.N. ‘Dictatorfest’
Question of the Day
• Alexander Alvaro, a German member of the European Parliament from the Free Democratic Party. He leads a parliamentary delegation to discuss EU-U.S. privacy issues with members of Congress and administration officials.
• Finance Minister Vitor Gaspar of Portugal, who addresses the Peterson Institute for International Economics.
• Jesus Zambrano, president of Mexico’s Democratic Revolutionary Party, who discusses the July 1 presidential election at a briefing at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars. The event is co-sponsored by the Inter-American Dialogue.
• Iurie Leanca, deputy prime minister and foreign minister of Moldova, who addresses the Atlantic Council.
• Gabriel Quadri de la Torre, a candidate for president of Mexico from the New Alliance Party. He addresses the Friedrich Naumann Foundation.
• Geraldine Finucane, widow of Catholic Belfast lawyer Patrick Finucane, who was killed by Protestant paramilitary gunmen in 1989; Christopher Stanley of British-Irish Rights Watch; and Mark Thompson of the Belfast-based Relatives for Justice. They testify before the congressional Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe at 2 p.m. in Room 2247 of the Rayburn House Office Building.
• Call Embassy Row at 202/636-3297 or email email@example.com. The column is published on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world