- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Northern Illinois linebacker indicted in Ohio
TOLEDO, OHIO (AP) - Northern Illinois linebacker Jamaal Bass has been indicted in Ohio on a felonious assault charge on allegations he intentionally ran into the Toledo marching band, knocking down a member, as he took the field when the teams played in November.
The Lucas County grand jury on Friday also indicted the redshirt freshman from Miramar, Fla., on a misdemeanor assault charge.
Bass was suspended after the game and his coach Dave Doeren apologized to the band and the university, saying the program was embarrassed.
The Blade newspaper in Toledo reports that a recording appears to show Bass jumping shoulder-first into the face of a band member and knocking over another.
Northern Illinois says Bass is still in school and his status with the team hasn’t changed.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.