- Drug charges against husband of Va. daycare owner
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after ‘indication’ of Malaysian jet crash
- Vertical Group trader jumps in front of commuter train: report
- Brazilian goalkeeper who ordered girlfriend’s murder may be released to play soccer
- Harlem explosion death toll rises to 7; some still missing
- 2 dead, 23 hurt when driver plows into SXSW crowd
- Gaza militants offer Israel cease-fire of rocket blasts
- Pennsylvania Rep. Chaka Fattah vows to fight federal subpoena
- Ron Paul: CIA spying is a result of a distrustful, big government
- Mike Huckabee: Opposing abortion is ‘how we save this republic’
LA prosecutors charge Bobby Brown with DUI
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Prosecutors have charged Bobby Brown with drunken driving.
Los Angeles city attorney's spokesman Frank Mateljan (mah-TEHL'-jin) says Brown was charged Wednesday with three misdemeanors, including two DUI-related counts and one for driving on a suspended license.
The R&B singer was arrested Monday by the California Highway Patrol on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Mateljan says one of the counts alleges Brown was driving with a blood-alcohol content above .08, the level a person is presumed to be impaired.
A phone message for Brown's attorney Tiffany Feder was not immediately returned.
Mateljan says Brown could face up to six months in jail if convicted.
Brown was pulled over after a patrolman reported seeing him speaking on his cell phone without a hands-free unit.
TWT Video Picks
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- GOP bill tries to pull courts into fight with Obama on executive power, enforcing laws
- Redskins' secondary holes remain unfilled amid NFL free-agent frenzy
- NRA shirt gets N.Y. high school student suspended
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
- Military families would take a $5,000 hit in benefits with Obama budget
- Critics point to Obama's attempts to sell health care as no laughing matter
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again