- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Let these films satisfy your need for speed
Question of the Day
Car guys and gals love their vehicles, but they also love their movies about cars. When not tooling around in your ride this spring and summer, the following car movies should satisfy your need for speed.
Bullitt (1968): Steve McQueen stars as the San Francisco cop looking to find the kingpin who killed the witness under his protection. The actor did much of the driving of the ‘68 Mustang in this movie, leaving only the riskiest maneuvers to his stunt double.
American Graffiti (1973): A coming of age movie set in the 1960s about four teenagers going off to college. They spend one last summer cruising the Sunset Strip and getting into trouble. Starring Richard Dreyfuss, Harrison Ford and Ron Howard, this classic was directed by George Lucas of “Star Wars” fame.
The Cannonball Run (1983): Eccentric competitors engage in an illegal cross-country car race. A who’s who of stars, including Burt Reynolds, Jackie Chan, Farrah Fawcett, Dom DeLuise, and Dean Martin star in this action-packed flick.
Gone in Sixty Seconds (2000): A retired car thief must get back into the business, stealing 50 cars in one night to save the life of his brother. Stars Nicholas Cage and Angelina Jolie.
The Fast and the Furious (2001): An undercover cop infiltrates the underbelly of Los Angeles street racers. This movie spawned a series of sequels with more automotive special effects than substance.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world