- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Let these films satisfy your need for speed
Car guys and gals love their vehicles, but they also love their movies about cars. When not tooling around in your ride this spring and summer, the following car movies should satisfy your need for speed.
Bullitt (1968): Steve McQueen stars as the San Francisco cop looking to find the kingpin who killed the witness under his protection. The actor did much of the driving of the ‘68 Mustang in this movie, leaving only the riskiest maneuvers to his stunt double.
American Graffiti (1973): A coming of age movie set in the 1960s about four teenagers going off to college. They spend one last summer cruising the Sunset Strip and getting into trouble. Starring Richard Dreyfuss, Harrison Ford and Ron Howard, this classic was directed by George Lucas of “Star Wars” fame.
The Cannonball Run (1983): Eccentric competitors engage in an illegal cross-country car race. A who’s who of stars, including Burt Reynolds, Jackie Chan, Farrah Fawcett, Dom DeLuise, and Dean Martin star in this action-packed flick.
Gone in Sixty Seconds (2000): A retired car thief must get back into the business, stealing 50 cars in one night to save the life of his brother. Stars Nicholas Cage and Angelina Jolie.
The Fast and the Furious (2001): An undercover cop infiltrates the underbelly of Los Angeles street racers. This movie spawned a series of sequels with more automotive special effects than substance.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- KEENE: Familiar refrains from Britain's 'Tea Party'
- Skeptics on all sides take aim of John Kerry's tentative deal on Ukraine
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.