- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Let these films satisfy your need for speed
Car guys and gals love their vehicles, but they also love their movies about cars. When not tooling around in your ride this spring and summer, the following car movies should satisfy your need for speed.
Bullitt (1968): Steve McQueen stars as the San Francisco cop looking to find the kingpin who killed the witness under his protection. The actor did much of the driving of the ‘68 Mustang in this movie, leaving only the riskiest maneuvers to his stunt double.
American Graffiti (1973): A coming of age movie set in the 1960s about four teenagers going off to college. They spend one last summer cruising the Sunset Strip and getting into trouble. Starring Richard Dreyfuss, Harrison Ford and Ron Howard, this classic was directed by George Lucas of “Star Wars” fame.
The Cannonball Run (1983): Eccentric competitors engage in an illegal cross-country car race. A who’s who of stars, including Burt Reynolds, Jackie Chan, Farrah Fawcett, Dom DeLuise, and Dean Martin star in this action-packed flick.
Gone in Sixty Seconds (2000): A retired car thief must get back into the business, stealing 50 cars in one night to save the life of his brother. Stars Nicholas Cage and Angelina Jolie.
The Fast and the Furious (2001): An undercover cop infiltrates the underbelly of Los Angeles street racers. This movie spawned a series of sequels with more automotive special effects than substance.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Otter attacks, kills alligator at Florida wildlife refuge
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again