- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez tells Hispanics to vote and ‘punish those’ who oppose amnesty
- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
Let these films satisfy your need for speed
Question of the Day
Car guys and gals love their vehicles, but they also love their movies about cars. When not tooling around in your ride this spring and summer, the following car movies should satisfy your need for speed.
Bullitt (1968): Steve McQueen stars as the San Francisco cop looking to find the kingpin who killed the witness under his protection. The actor did much of the driving of the ‘68 Mustang in this movie, leaving only the riskiest maneuvers to his stunt double.
American Graffiti (1973): A coming of age movie set in the 1960s about four teenagers going off to college. They spend one last summer cruising the Sunset Strip and getting into trouble. Starring Richard Dreyfuss, Harrison Ford and Ron Howard, this classic was directed by George Lucas of “Star Wars” fame.
The Cannonball Run (1983): Eccentric competitors engage in an illegal cross-country car race. A who’s who of stars, including Burt Reynolds, Jackie Chan, Farrah Fawcett, Dom DeLuise, and Dean Martin star in this action-packed flick.
Gone in Sixty Seconds (2000): A retired car thief must get back into the business, stealing 50 cars in one night to save the life of his brother. Stars Nicholas Cage and Angelina Jolie.
The Fast and the Furious (2001): An undercover cop infiltrates the underbelly of Los Angeles street racers. This movie spawned a series of sequels with more automotive special effects than substance.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Humanists seek support from Congress on military chaplains
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Big milestone for Britain's little prince
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq