- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Christopher Plummer’s ‘The Tempest’ hits cinemas
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - It will be hard to miss Christopher Plummer this year.
The Academy Award winner's stage performance in "The Tempest" will be shown in hundreds of movie theaters on June 14, even as plans are in the works to have his "Barrymore" join it at the multiplex.
"The Tempest," with Plummer as Prospero and direction by Des McAnuff, was pre-recorded live over two days in the summer of 2010 at the Stratford Shakespeare Festival.
His "Barrymore" _ a two-person play exploring the life of actor John Barrymore _ will be shown at cinemas in Canada beginning in May and throughout the United States, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and other countries in October. It was filmed at the Elgin Theater in Toronto.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq