- Tenn. woman receives two-year sentence for stealing $364K meant for homeless veterans
- School bus driver gets probation after kicking autistic girl, 8
- Ex-Army Ranger petitions to keep tan beret off certain soldiers’ heads
- U.S. clears sale of $680 million in Black Hawk helicopters to Mexico
- Justice Dept.’s new clemency guidelines: Crack offenders most obvious candidates
- Kansas man wants ‘Murder’ tattoo removed from neck before murder trial
- Obama goes golfing as family mourns aunt’s death in Boston
- Atheists win prayer battle against California city council
- Americans for Prosperity ad attacks N.H. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen’s Obamacare vote
- Senate races are close in Southern states, poll shows
Musical of ‘Bring It On’ leaps to Broadway
NEW YORK (AP) - Cheerleaders are coming back to Broadway.
Producers announced Wednesday that “Bring It On: The Musical” will form a complex pyramid in New York as part of the show’s 13-city national tour. Its new 12-week stand at the St. James Theatre is set to begin July 12 with an official opening planned for Aug. 1.
The musical, which which is written by Lin-Manuel Miranda, Amanda Green and Tom Kitt, is based on the popular cheerleading movies. It will tumble back on the road after its Oct. 7 show.
The last time cheerleaders were on Broadway didn’t go so well: “Lysistrata Jones,” about a college basketball team, closed in January after just 34 preview performances and 30 regular performances.
“Bring It On” began at the Ahmanson Theatre in Los Angeles.
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'
- EDITORIAL: Voting with one's feet shows folly of liberal economic policies
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014