- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
Obama seeks to woo military vote from Republicans
Romney will trim benefits to veterans, Democrats say
Question of the Day
Mr. Diamond said the Bush administration was guilty of “woeful underfunding” of the VA, and that Mr. Obama has been beefing up the agency’s personnel to whittle away the backlog.
“The VA claim backlog is not something that this administration created,” Mr. Diamond said.
Ms. Henneberg said Mr. Obama is “exploding the federal budget” and cutting “billions” from veterans’ health care.
“Gov. Romney believes we must devote to veterans the care and support they deserve, and as president he will do that,” she said.
• Seth McLaughlin contributed to this report.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Dave Boyer is a White House correspondent for The Washington Times. A native of Allentown, Pa., Boyer worked for the Philadelphia Inquirer from 2002 to 2011 and also has covered Congress for the Times. He is a graduate of Penn State University. Boyer can be reached at email@example.com.
- Fake signer near Obama at Mandela ceremony once charged with murder, rape
- Obama backs mayors' call for more federal money, higher wage
- Obama and family holiday in Hawaii — again
- White House denies 'highly irresponsible' Iran spy story
- Senate's filibuster rule change opens floodgates for Obama nominees
Latest Blog Entries
- White House condemns execution of uncle of North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un
- Obamas to observe moment of silence for Sandy Hook shooting victims
- Boehner formally invites Obama for State of the Union address
- White House downplays concerns over phony sign-language interpreter
- Joe Biden signs condolence book for Nelson Mandela at D.C. embassy
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- In court filing, NCAA denies legal duty to protect athletes
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Democrats cite pope in call for minimum wage hike, jobless benefits
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness from the carpool lane.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow