- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Liberal media shirk their duty
Question of the Day
It is alarming how some in the media distort and withhold the news to favor the current administration and give President Obama a free pass on all of his missteps ("Sarah Palin, the hypocrisy of Benghazi, and the liberal media's 'shuck and jive,'" Web, Wednesday). Infamous dictators have enjoyed similar treatment.
When those in power know they will get a free pass with no accountability, they become emboldened to do whatever they please. After all, they think they can get away with it. The end result is loss of individual freedoms and democracy. If those in the media truly love the America that has been the beacon of hope throughout the world for the past two-plus centuries, then they must report the truth and be watchdogs for accountability, holding responsible those in positions of power regardless of political party. If they do not, this country as we know it is doomed.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Get Breaking Alerts
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up