- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Taking Names: Sambora covers personal ground on new album
On his new solo album, Richie Sambora has a lot to say about his past. But after two vigorous months of promoting it, the Bon Jovi guitarist found himself on doctor-ordered vocal rest.
The 53-year old rocker canceled a string of shows in the Northeast because of laryngitis, but he’s ready to return to the stage Tuesday in Los Angeles in support of “Aftermath of the Lowdown.” He plans to donate and match a portion of ticket sales to the Red Cross to help with Superstorm Sandy relief efforts.
Last month, he told The Associated Press that the experience is much different than promoting an album from his band, Bon Jovi.
And it all comes down to talking.
“I’m used to the first eight questions going to Jon, and now I have to be ready for all of them,” Mr. Sambora joked.
True to its title, “Aftermath of Lowdown” covers a lot of personal ground for the rocker, including his much-publicized divorce from Heather Locklear, his ongoing battle with alcohol and substance abuse, and the virtues of being a parent.
“It’s the kind of stuff that a lot of people go through, so I decided to write about it,” Mr. Sambora said.
Since kicking his dependency on alcohol and prescription painkillers, Mr. Sambora admits everything in his life has fallen into place. He now enjoys a good relationship with Miss Locklear as they work together to raise their daughter.
“She’s a teenager now and needs two parents,” Mr. Sambora said. “So we do a lot of things as a family.”
$40M in damages cut by half for ‘Girls Gone Wild’ creator
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Joanne O'Donnell issued the ruling Friday, reducing the award by $21 million. Her ruling eliminates $20 million in punitive damages the jury granted Mr. Wynn and $1 million they said he deserved because of comments Mr. Francis made on “Good Morning America.”
Mr. Francis vowed to appeal the remainder of the verdict.
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- Mike Shanahan says he'd like to return to Redskins
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow