- PHILLIPS: Liberal lawyers ensuring illegal aliens are never deported
- Chris Christie leading N.H. GOP presidential field; Mitt Romney lingers large
- NYC creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Florida judge slaps GOP’s redistricting plans: You ‘made a mockery’ of process
- Muslims give Obama high marks over first half of 2014
- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men
- KISS rocker Gene Simmons touts 1 percent life: ‘It’s fantastic’
- Texas shooting suspect had faced other charges
- Californian who sold secret to China sentenced to 15 years in prison
- Couple, 3 kids among 7 killed in Massachusetts apartment fire
Ex-WNBA player Holdsclaw in jail on assault charge
Question of the Day
ATLANTA (AP) - Former WNBA star and Olympic gold medalist Chamique Holdsclaw is in custody after being accused of shooting into a woman's car after using a bat to break its windows.
Atlanta police said Thursday that the incident happened Tuesday after Holdsclaw followed 29-year-old Jennifer Lacy to her car. Lacy plays for the Tulsa Shock.
No one was injured. Lacy identified the 35-year-old Holdsclaw as an ex-girlfriend and both played for the Atlanta Dream in 2009.
Holdsclaw was in custody Thursday night in Fulton County Jail. Her bond was set at $10,000 on one charge each of aggravated assault, second-degree criminal damage and reckless conduct.
A number for Holdsclaw listed in the police report went to voicemail and it was unknown whether she had an attorney.
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men: 'We made a mistake'
- BRUCE: The feds plot to steal your paycheck
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Israel rejects talk of cease-fire; Hamas targets suspected nuke site
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs