- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Benghazi cover-up
Question of the Day
How much journalistic investigation went into the Iran-Contra and Watergate incidents? Hardly a day went by during those investigations that the mainstream media wasn’t analyzing them. Compare the probes of those events, in which no one was physically harmed, to the journalistic investigations (or rather lack of investigation) into the September terrorist attacks upon the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, where a U.S. ambassador and three other Americans were murdered.
Where is the media demanding investigations into what really took place in a series of incidents that normally would see the United States taking military action to protect its citizens? Silence is the order of the day. Rather than demanding investigation, they circle the administration, providing cover for what appears to be malfeasance by the White House.
Whatever the reason, the media is complicit in sweeping this incident under the rug and does a disservice to the families of those who gave up their lives serving this country. Now the media are concentrating on a sexual affair by the head of the CIA and act as if they are doing their jobs.
Port Orchard, Wash.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business