- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
Dave Grohl to give keynote speech at 2013 SXSW
Question of the Day
AUSTIN, TEXAS (AP) - Dave Grohl may be taking a break from his band, but with the addition of an appearance at South By Southwest next spring 2013 is shaping up to be a busy year nonetheless.
The often eloquent Foo Fighters frontman has signed on to give the keynote speech at the 2013 South By Southwest Music Conference on March 14 in Austin, Texas.
He’s also working on his Sound City documentary and new Queens Of The Stone Age material with Josh Homme. Both are expected next year as well.
Grohl announced earlier this fall that his Grammy-winning Foo Fighters had no immediate plans to record or tour and that his immediate focus was Sound City, his documentary about the famed Los Angeles studio.
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq