- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Term limits for all
Before the most recent election, Rep. John A. Boehner, Ohio Republican, and Rep. Nancy Pelosi, California Democrat, ran the House of Representatives. After the election they still run the House. Before the most recent election, Sen. Harry Reid, Nevada Democrat, and Sen. Mitch McConnell, Kentucky Republican, ran the Senate. After the election, they still run the Senate. How many decades have these politicians collectively “served” in Congress? How many more years will they continue to “serve”? The more government changes, the more it stays the same.
The Constitution limits the president to two terms. Perhaps members of Congress should be limited to two terms as well. I submit that all elected and appointed government officials should have term limits. I also propose that all government employees should be limited to 10 years at any government office or agency. The size and power of government can’t be restrained without term limits.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Get Breaking Alerts
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'