- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Term limits for all
Before the most recent election, Rep. John A. Boehner, Ohio Republican, and Rep. Nancy Pelosi, California Democrat, ran the House of Representatives. After the election they still run the House. Before the most recent election, Sen. Harry Reid, Nevada Democrat, and Sen. Mitch McConnell, Kentucky Republican, ran the Senate. After the election, they still run the Senate. How many decades have these politicians collectively “served” in Congress? How many more years will they continue to “serve”? The more government changes, the more it stays the same.
The Constitution limits the president to two terms. Perhaps members of Congress should be limited to two terms as well. I submit that all elected and appointed government officials should have term limits. I also propose that all government employees should be limited to 10 years at any government office or agency. The size and power of government can’t be restrained without term limits.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: 'It's scary'
- Protesters, police clash in Philippines ahead of Obama visit
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend