- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Romney: Don’t ‘settle’ for 4 more years of Obama and another recession
“You take all the work that was done earlier this year when we made four and a half million voter contacts in a state of 5.7 million,” Mr. Walker said Friday in an interview on “Fox and Friends.” “We had tens of thousands of volunteers helps us in my election earlier this year. That excitement continues on.”
Polls, though, show Mr. Obama leads Mr. Romney in Wisconsin among registered and likely voters who have grown more optimistic about the direction of the country. Polls show that votes also see Mr. Obama as a more favorable candidate and better equipped to handle the economy.
Wisconsin is a key piece of the puzzle for the Romney campaign — particularly if Mr. Obama wins Ohio.
But history suggests he faces an uphill battle. Voters here have not supported a Republican for president since they swung their support behind President Ronald Reagan in 1984.
Mr. Romney plans to spend Saturday in New Hampshire, Iowa and Colorado. He plans on Sunday to hold campaign events in Iowa, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Virginia.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Freedom Summit unofficial start to '16 GOP primary
- Eric Cantor falls hard from good graces of conservatives
- Eric Cantor pressured to skip conference by moderate GOP group
- GOP congressman: Empower states to legalize marijuana
- Gov. Jindal: GOP 2016 White House nominee should be a governor
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.