- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
- HUMPRHIES: The Liberal Bully of the Week is …
- Secret Service threatened to kill Mr. Met if he got close to Clinton, mascot claims
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama is no savior
I’m not surprised that President Obama was re-elected, even in light of a substantially higher unemployment rate than when he was first elected in 2008. None of his failures seem to matter — the Benghazi cover-up, the Fast and Furious debacle, the passage of socialized health care (which has failed in every other country where it has been implemented), an additional $6 trillion of debt, food-stamp usage at record-breaking levels and welfare use continuing to rise.
This election outcome speaks volumes about America’s spiritual condition. I understand why other countries are sending missionaries to this country. It’s a prime missionary field despite America having a plethora of Christian radio and television programs and a multitude of churches throughout its towns and cities. As one ponders these developments, one must consider what’s wrong with this picture.
America is in dire straits, and many refuse to realize the magnitude of its vulnerability. The United States continues its abhorrent abortion policy, celebration of homosexuality, rampant immorality, marital affairs, easy divorces, the implosion of whole families, rampant pornography, elevated murder and violent crime rates, massive deficits, unfathomable debt and a weak, increasingly apostate Church.
America is living on borrowed time, and many will come to realize that, much to their chagrin, Barack Obama was never their savior.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Get Breaking Alerts
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support demonstrates voters' distrust
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare disasters were avoidable
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Muhammad wouldn't condone Boston bombing
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: High heels: Hazardous to one's health?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Marshall's comments hurt GOP, pro-lifers