- WestJet grants Christmas wishes for 250 airline passengers
- U.S. vet held in North Korea says statement was coerced
- NTSB hearing on San Francisco airliner crash postponed
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford insists he has dried out, vows sobriety test
- Greenpeace video warns that climate change is wrecking Santa’s home
- Herman Cain profiled in ‘Political Power’ comic book
- Hagel renews Qatar defense pact despite differences over Iran, Syria
- Fire departments fear Obamacare will gut volunteer ranks
- Rep. Alan Grayson loses $18M in stock scheme
- Christmas secularists get 6-foot beer-can Festivus pole at Florida Statehouse
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama is no savior
I’m not surprised that President Obama was re-elected, even in light of a substantially higher unemployment rate than when he was first elected in 2008. None of his failures seem to matter — the Benghazi cover-up, the Fast and Furious debacle, the passage of socialized health care (which has failed in every other country where it has been implemented), an additional $6 trillion of debt, food-stamp usage at record-breaking levels and welfare use continuing to rise.
This election outcome speaks volumes about America’s spiritual condition. I understand why other countries are sending missionaries to this country. It’s a prime missionary field despite America having a plethora of Christian radio and television programs and a multitude of churches throughout its towns and cities. As one ponders these developments, one must consider what’s wrong with this picture.
America is in dire straits, and many refuse to realize the magnitude of its vulnerability. The United States continues its abhorrent abortion policy, celebration of homosexuality, rampant immorality, marital affairs, easy divorces, the implosion of whole families, rampant pornography, elevated murder and violent crime rates, massive deficits, unfathomable debt and a weak, increasingly apostate Church.
America is living on borrowed time, and many will come to realize that, much to their chagrin, Barack Obama was never their savior.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Get Breaking Alerts
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Troops forced to rely on welfare, holiday charity
- Oregon fails to sign up single person on health care website as states struggle
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- George Zimmermans girlfriend flips on assault: Let my boyfriend go
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service