- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama is no savior
I’m not surprised that President Obama was re-elected, even in light of a substantially higher unemployment rate than when he was first elected in 2008. None of his failures seem to matter — the Benghazi cover-up, the Fast and Furious debacle, the passage of socialized health care (which has failed in every other country where it has been implemented), an additional $6 trillion of debt, food-stamp usage at record-breaking levels and welfare use continuing to rise.
This election outcome speaks volumes about America’s spiritual condition. I understand why other countries are sending missionaries to this country. It’s a prime missionary field despite America having a plethora of Christian radio and television programs and a multitude of churches throughout its towns and cities. As one ponders these developments, one must consider what’s wrong with this picture.
America is in dire straits, and many refuse to realize the magnitude of its vulnerability. The United States continues its abhorrent abortion policy, celebration of homosexuality, rampant immorality, marital affairs, easy divorces, the implosion of whole families, rampant pornography, elevated murder and violent crime rates, massive deficits, unfathomable debt and a weak, increasingly apostate Church.
America is living on borrowed time, and many will come to realize that, much to their chagrin, Barack Obama was never their savior.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Get Breaking Alerts
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws