- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama is no savior
Question of the Day
I’m not surprised that President Obama was re-elected, even in light of a substantially higher unemployment rate than when he was first elected in 2008. None of his failures seem to matter — the Benghazi cover-up, the Fast and Furious debacle, the passage of socialized health care (which has failed in every other country where it has been implemented), an additional $6 trillion of debt, food-stamp usage at record-breaking levels and welfare use continuing to rise.
This election outcome speaks volumes about America’s spiritual condition. I understand why other countries are sending missionaries to this country. It’s a prime missionary field despite America having a plethora of Christian radio and television programs and a multitude of churches throughout its towns and cities. As one ponders these developments, one must consider what’s wrong with this picture.
America is in dire straits, and many refuse to realize the magnitude of its vulnerability. The United States continues its abhorrent abortion policy, celebration of homosexuality, rampant immorality, marital affairs, easy divorces, the implosion of whole families, rampant pornography, elevated murder and violent crime rates, massive deficits, unfathomable debt and a weak, increasingly apostate Church.
America is living on borrowed time, and many will come to realize that, much to their chagrin, Barack Obama was never their savior.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Senate overcomes first filibuster of Obama's border-spending bill
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'