- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Their just desserts
Question of the Day
If you were the owner of the fictional company Joe's Widgets, making $300,000 a year, and your taxes were raised dramatically, which of the following would you do?
A. Just pay the higher taxes and thereby lower your standard of living.
B. Take whatever steps were required to offset the higher taxes. Raise your salary so your new after-tax income at least matches your current after-tax income.
If you answered A, you most likely are one of the socialists masquerading as a modern-day Democrat. You think people won't take any actions to recover their lost income, and you think people will let the government tax them till they are blue in the face.
If you answered B, you have a grasp of basic economic principles. If you are running Joe's Widgets, you will do what it takes to be successful, including raising prices on your widgets, cutting salaries and benefits and laying off employees. You won't care because the people you are hurting by your actions are the very ones who, by their vote, want to punish you for your success.
You always get the government you vote for, and more important, you always get the government you deserve. For tens of millions of Americans who voted for President Obama, the realization of what they voted for is going to fall on them like a ton of bricks -- and that's exactly what they deserve.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Get Breaking Alerts
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy