A judge Thursday ordered Chris Brown to remain on supervised probation and make another court appearance after he completes an overseas tour.
Superior Court Judge Patricia Schnegg did not address questions raised at a previous hearing about whether the R&B singer had completed the terms of his community labor sentence.
A prosecutor said a report filed for Thursday's hearing did not add additional details about Mr. Brown's service as previously requested by the court. Instead, it included the same spreadsheet of Mr. Brown's hours that Judge Schnegg called "somewhat cryptic" at a September hearing.
Mr. Brown remains on supervised probation for felony assault for an attack on Rihanna in 2009.
He is scheduled to begin a tour that spans several countries in Europe and South Africa on Nov. 14.
Mr. Brown "appears to be making a sincere effort to comply with terms and conditions of probation," a probation officer wrote in a report prepared for Thursday's hearing. The report recommended that Mr. Brown remain on probation under the same conditions he has abided by since pleading guilty to the attack on the eve of the Grammy Awards.
Mr. Brown appeared at the hearing along with his mother and attorney Mark Geragos. He did not speak during the proceedings, and when he attempted to at one point during discussions of his schedule, Mr. Geragos joked, "I don't dance, you don't talk."
Mr. Brown is scheduled to return to court Jan. 17.
Reilly liked getting animated for 'Wreck-It Ralph'
It wasn't easy for John C. Reilly to become "Wreck-It Ralph."
The 47-year-old Oscar nominee (for 2002's "Chicago") initially didn't want the job, reticent about the scope of the project and the process of making animated movies.
"I'd heard that making animated movies for actors was often kind of this isolated, strange experience," Mr. Reilly told The Associated Press. "You go in and do your lines, and then you react to recorded lines from other people, and you're never in the same room at the same time and maybe you meet them at the premiere, the other actors."
He'd been told that animated films were made by committee, rather than the director's vision guiding the project. And the previous animated roles he was offered never provided a complete script.
"I was like, that doesn't sound fun at all," he said. "That just sounds kind of like just an empty suit kind of job."
But that wasn't his experience on "Wreck-It Ralph." Mr. Reilly attended story meetings, met with animators to develop the look of his character and worked side by side with co-stars Jack McBrayer, Jane Lynch and Sarah Silverman.
"We improvised a ton," he said. "I really, really loved it."
He did motion studies with the animation team, which incorporated Mr. Reilly's gestures and movements into the look of the massive-handed, 9-foot-tall, 643-pound Ralph.
"I was like, 'This is how he gets up from a chair. It's like an eight-step process. It's kind of like an elephant raising itself off the ground,'" the actor recalled, adding that he recognized himself in the character.
"Every single gesture and expression that a character makes in an animated movie means hundreds of hours, if not thousands of hours of work from a bunch of people," Mr. Reilly said, "so I was really happy that they made the commitment to do those little subtle things to really finish out the character in a really detailed way like that."
The filmmakers appreciated Mr. Reilly's contributions so much that the actor earned a story credit.
"It turned into this dream job," the actor said. "If you're going to have an avatar or something like that follow you for the rest of your life, it might as well be something that you really feel like you put a lot of heart into. That it's not just a toy. It's a project that you really believe in."
'Catching Fire' director to helm 'Mockingjay' films
The odds are ever in Francis Lawrence's favor.
Lionsgate announced Thursday that "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" filmmaker also will direct "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay— Part 1" and "Part 2.".
Mr. Lawrence previously directed the Will Smith postapocalyptic thriller "I Am Legend" and stepped in to direct "The Hunger Games" sequel "Catching Fire" after director Gary Ross departed the franchise.
"The Hunger Games" films star Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson as child tributes that battle to the death in a dystopian future. The movies are based on the novels by Suzanne Collins.
The original "Hunger Games" film was released earlier this year. "Catching Fire" is scheduled to debut Nov. 22, 2013, followed by "Mockingjay— Part 1" on Nov. 21, 2014, and "Mockingjay— Part 2" on Nov. 20, 2015.
Judge dismisses case against Spears' parents
A judge has dismissed a case by Britney Spears' former confidante that accused the singer's mother of libeling him and accused Miss Spears' caretakers of failing to pay him a portion of her fortune.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Suzanne Bruguera ruled Thursday that an attorney for Sam Lutfi hadn't proven any of his claims in a case that centered on events before the singer's public meltdown more than four years ago.
Mr. Lutfi's side rested its case Tuesday, but Judge Bruguera agreed with arguments by attorneys for Miss Spears' father and her conservators that there wasn't sufficient evidence to send the claims to a jury.
Mr. Lutfi had sued Lynne Spears for libel, the singer's father, Jamie, for allegedly hitting him, and her conservators for a 15 percent share of singer's earnings.
• Compiled from Web and wire reports
By John Solomon
How the government's punishing of the exposure of official wrongdoing can linger for years
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
Wall Street news before (and occasionally after) the opening bell.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Movie reviews, interviews, including the latest on DVR and Blu-Ray.
A mother of three and a passionate conservative, Shirley Husar changes the game.
Benghazi: The anatomy of a scandal
Vietnam Memorial adds four names
Cinco de Mayo on the Mall
NRA kicks off annual convention