- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation in South Korea
- Militants kill 14 Algerian soldiers in ambush
- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
Bruce Springsteen: Obama faces ‘a world that challenges your hopefulness’
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Rock legend Bruce Springsteen on Monday joined President Obama at a campaign rally here and played the anthem "Land of Hope and Dreams." He said that after Mr. Obama ran with an optimistic message of change in 2008, he now faces "a world that challenges your hopefulness."
Mr. Springsteen was spending Mr. Obama's final day of campaigning with the president, traveling with him on Air Force One and also opening rallies for him in Columbus, Ohio, and Des Moines, Iowa.
Mr. Springsteen's appearance came a day after Stevie Wonder energized a Cincinnati rally for Mr. Obama, prompting the president to do a brief shimmy on the stage to "Signed, Sealed and Delivered."
Mr. Springsteen joked that while he's proud to be endorsing the president again, "that first debate really freaked me out."
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.