- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Another four years will kill the Golden Goose
President Obama has to be pinching himself and belly laughing. He has successfully transformed our free-market society, built on freedom and opportunity, into a central-government socialist state — and now he has four more years of power to seal the deal (“Obama wins second term,” Page 1, Wednesday).
A well-orchestrated campaign demonizing the rich (the job providers), blaming the George W. Bush administration for our financial woes and quite simply conning the American public into thinking we are on the right path could not have succeeded without the all-out, 24-hours-a-day efforts of the left-wing media.
This liberal takeover didn’t happen overnight. We have been giving up freedoms and becoming more dependent on government for years. There are now finally more takers than providers. Unions and other anti-business liberals will soon find out what happens when you kill the Golden Goose — but unfortunately, it will be too late by the time they do. Redistribution of wealth has never worked.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
Get Breaking Alerts
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- We told you so: Conservatives foresaw polygamy ruling
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- EDITORIAL: Al Gore, soothsayer
- Top Democrats reject court ruling over NSA spying on Americans
- HURT: D.C. gets the vapors, calls sequester too much
- Obama mocks Putin, picks gay athletes for Sochi delegation
- IRS pays tax cheats hundreds of millions of dollars
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- Rush weighs in: Maybe Republicans dont dislike Obamacare