- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Another four years will kill the Golden Goose
Question of the Day
President Obama has to be pinching himself and belly laughing. He has successfully transformed our free-market society, built on freedom and opportunity, into a central-government socialist state -- and now he has four more years of power to seal the deal ("Obama wins second term," Page 1, Wednesday).
A well-orchestrated campaign demonizing the rich (the job providers), blaming the George W. Bush administration for our financial woes and quite simply conning the American public into thinking we are on the right path could not have succeeded without the all-out, 24-hours-a-day efforts of the left-wing media.
This liberal takeover didn't happen overnight. We have been giving up freedoms and becoming more dependent on government for years. There are now finally more takers than providers. Unions and other anti-business liberals will soon find out what happens when you kill the Golden Goose -- but unfortunately, it will be too late by the time they do. Redistribution of wealth has never worked.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Federal deficit shrinks 20 percent in fiscal 2014