- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
Donald Trump: Mogul deletes parts of Twitter tirade
Question of the Day
Trump began tweeting before the election was called that it was “a total sham and a travesty.” After news outlets projected that Obama won the election, Trump tweeted, “Well, back to the drawing board!” He posted more than 10 angry tweets, declaring “our nation is a once great nation divided” and “the world is laughing at us.” He encouraged a “revolution in this country.”
“The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy,” fumed the celebrity mogul.
Williams showed some of Trump’s tweets on air, saying he had “driven well past the last exit to relevance and veered into something closer to irresponsible.”
Trump tweeted a retort on Wednesday saying Williams “knows that I think his newscast has become totally boring so he took a shot at me last night.” He added, “Wouldn’t you love to have my ratings?”
He also deleted some of Tuesday night’s tirade, including tweets calling for revolution and incorrectly saying that Obama had lost the popular vote. In a new tweet Wednesday, he said the election was “the Republicans to win” but that Republican Mitt Romney hadn’t connected with voters.
Trump endorsed Romney in the presidential race and garnered publicity last year for questioning whether Obama was born in the U.S. and eligible to be president.
“The Celebrity Apprentice” star recently promised to contribute $5 million to a charity of Obama’s choice if the president released his college and passport records.
TWT Video Picks
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Ticket me Elmo? NYC mulls law for impersonators
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Government OKs Arab-owned company Gulftainer to operate U.S. cargo port
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world