- India diplomat who touts women’s rights busted for $3 wage to nanny
- MSNBC host Ed Schultz paid $252K by unions in 2012-2013
- Korean War memorial ordered to take down Christian cross
- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
- Obama ‘birther’ theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- U.S. drone faulted for killing 14 ‘innocent civilians’ at Yemen wedding
- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama gave us the rope
Tuesday's election can be summed up as follows: President Obama gave America the rope and America hanged itself. The next four years will see the United States diminished even further. Our place in the world has suffered badly over the last four years, and the decline will only be accelerated.
Friends and foes in the rest of the world are shaking their heads and wondering how a once-mighty and proud nation could be brought down by its own people. Our friends will be fearful and our enemies emboldened. Our friends will be more accommodating to those who wish us ill. Benghazi was only the appetizer for our enemies. We have no one to blame but ourselves. Elections have consequences, and the consequences of the last election will pale in comparison to the consequences that will befall this country now.
JOSEPH R. FARRELL
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
Get Breaking Alerts
- House budget bargain faces Senate filibuster; Republicans line up to oppose
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- Obama birther theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- PRUDEN: The last living witnesses; they wore the yellow star and remember the Nazi terror
- Echoes of Cold War in Ukraine as Russia tries to rein in former Soviet satellites
- KEENE: James Clapper should resign for lying to Congress
- Kim Jong-un consolidating power or losing grip on North Korea's military
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro 'marriage'
- Broncos-Chargers game ends with several stabbings