- N.Y. prosecutors: Russian diplomats bilked $1.5 million from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
- Oh my God! Costco lists Bible as fiction, Ron Burgundy memoir as gospel
- Sarah Palin responds to Martin Bashir’s resignation, praises media
- Obama to send 2 Gitmo terror suspects back to Algeria
- Paul Walker secretly bought $9K wedding ring for Iraq vet
- Mystery sign poster hits Washington state town: ‘It’s OK to say Merry Christmas’
- Pope Francis forms commission to advise on sex abuse
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, ‘Never, ever’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Lament for lost America
The American people have spoken. With the re-election of President Obama, America is on her way to complete conversion to a socialist country ("Election 2012: Obama re-elected without a mandate," Web, Wednesday).
This will not be the kind of socialism of Greece, where the government foolishly has spent the country's resources and the people are suffering greatly for it. Nor will it be like the former Soviet Union, where even an aspirin could not be found in the apothecaries and standing in line to buy bread was an everyday necessity. Mr. Obama's socialist America will have the peasants dancing in the streets for joy, and why not? We will be taken care of from the womb to the tomb.
One of the cornerstones of Mr. Obama's socialist country is the redistribution of wealth. Targeted for their wealth will be those "greedy" oil companies. In the words of Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. about America's economy, "It's all about a three-letter word, J-O-B-S, jobs." Government jobs, that is.
Cry, the beloved country we once were.
STELLA L. JATRAS
Camp Hill, Pa.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- American teacher shot and killed at Benghazi international school
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- At minimum, a bad deal