- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Nine House seats still undecided
West claims ‘voting irregularities’; Giffords ex-aide trails narrowly
In North Carolina, Democrat Rep. Mike McIntyre holds a lead of fewer than 600 votes over Republican challenger David Rouzer.
In Louisiana, the race between two sitting GOP House members, Reps. Charles W. Boustany Jr. and Jeffrey M. Landry — pitted against each other because of redistricting — will extend for another month, as the two were forced into a runoff election after neither got a majority victory. Mr. Boustany won 44.7 percent of the vote Tuesday, while Mr. Landry got 30 percent.
Meanwhile, the presidential race in Florida was undecided Thursday, though President Obama has won re-election no matter the outcome. Mr. Obama holds a less than 1 percent lead in the Sunshine State.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Sean Lengell covers Congress and national politics and can be reached at email@example.com.
- GOP tests Democrats on college loan issue
- Lawmakers outside intelligence loop get miffed about briefing structure in Congress
- John Boehner: Time is right to bring latest farm bill to House floor
- Supreme Court nears rulings on key voting rights cases
- John Boehner demands answers on NSA, phone records
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Redskins bypass big splash - for now - as free agency period begins
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again