- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
With new spending cuts, NBC regroups
Question of the Day
Another key NBC franchise, “Today,” is finding itself on shaky ratings ground after 15 years at the top. Since the beginning of July, “Today” has lost each week in the ratings to “Good Morning America,” with the exception of the two weeks NBC was in London for the Olympics.
Mr. Baldwin’s offer to take a 20 percent reduction in his reported $15 million “30 Rock” salary, however, looks to be grounded more in the grand gesture than reality.
Never a ratings success, the Tina Fey comedy did bring NBC the prestige of Emmy Awards and enough viewers to warrant continued production to reach the threshold for lucrative syndication. NBC has declared this abbreviated seventh season to be the show’s last.
The ratings explain the decision. Last week’s debut was the lowest-ever for “30 Rock” with 3.5 million viewers, a number dwarfed by the more than 15 million watching the top-rated sitcom, “The Big Bang Theory” on CBS.
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- CURL: The hypocrisy of Obama's 15-day Vineyard vacation
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Germany wins World Cup title on Mario Goetze goal in extra time
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Obama's 'blank check' rejected as border solution
- Inside the Beltway: White House grade slips to 'F'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs