- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez tells Hispanics to vote and ‘punish those’ who oppose amnesty
2013 Acura ZDX Luxury Crossover to get numerous enhancements in its final model year
Question of the Day
The innovative and stylish Acura ZDX crossover vehicle, introduced in 2009, will receive numerous styling and technology enhancements for the 2013 model year, which will be the final year on the market for ZDX as the Acura brand sharpens its focus on new models and core products, the company announced today.
The 2013 ZDX will receive several new features, including a redesigned front grille, front and rear parking sensors, power folding side mirrors and safety features such as Forward Collision Warning (FCW) and Lane Departure Warning (LDW). The 2013 Acura ZDX will go on sale October 19, 2012, with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) starting at $50,920*.
“People shopping for a luxury crossover vehicle will find the Acura ZDX an even more attractive product,” said Jeff Conrad, vice president and general manager of the Acura Division. “Moving forward, we will continue to advance the Acura lineup with a focus on new core models, like the recently redesigned RDX and the upcoming all-new RLX flagship sedan, that provide the ideal balance of performance and fuel efficiency that is right for each product and a driving experience that is dynamic and emotional.”
The ZDX is built in the same Alliston, Ontario plant as the Acura MDX, which shares the platform with ZDX. As a result, ZDX production will be discontinued in conjunction with the transfer of the popular MDX to the company’s Lincoln, Alabama plant in early 2013 (as previously announced).
For 2013, the Acura ZDX will be sold as a single, valued-added package offering clients greater value on a luxury scale. Robust features now standard on the 2013 ZDX include the 435-watt Acura/ELS Surround 10-speaker audio system with 15 GB hard disk drive (HDD) memory, Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition, 8-inch high-resolution VGA display, multi-view rear view camera, Bluetooth HandsFreeLink wireless telephone interface, ventilated and heated front seats with perforated premium Milano leather seating surfaces, Keyless Access System (with Smart Entry and pushbutton ignition) and dual-zone automatic climate control system.
The ZDX will receive several new exterior features for 2013, such as a redesigned front grille, front and rear bumpers with integrated parking sensors, power-folding auto-dimming side mirrors and a dark accent on the wheels for a sportier finish. The interior receives a new wood trim on the center console and a high contrast interior option.
Forward Collision Warning (FCW) and Lane Departure Warning (LDW) are two new safety features for the 2013 ZDX. The Forward Collision Warning (FCW) system can detect vehicles ahead of the ZDX. If the FCW system determines that a collision is possible with a detected vehicle, it provides the driver with visual and audio alerts to encourage avoidance actions. Lane Departure Warning (LDW) uses a camera mounted between the windshield and the rear-view mirror to detect lane lines on the road. If the driver begins to drift out of a detected lane without using the turn indicator, the system will provide the driver with visual and audible alerts.
The 2013 ZDX is equipped with an all-aluminum 3.7-liter V-6 engine that develops 300 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque. Performance is further enhanced by the ZDX’s Sequential SportShift 6-speed automatic transmission that is designed to satisfy the most discerning enthusiast drivers. The 2013 ZDX EPA city/highway/combined fuel mileage is rated at 16/23/19 mpg. For customers seeking a great balance of utility and performance, Acura will continue to offer vehicles in the luxury crossover space with the 5-passenger RDX and the TSX Sport Wagon. Acura also will continue to provide ZDX customers with a high-level of service and parts support throughout the life of their vehicles.
U.S. sales of Acura models increased 43.5 percent in September and rose nearly 30 percent to 115,773 units for the first nine-months of 2012, the Acura brand’s best nine-month sales results since 2008. The Acura TL sedan, along with the MDX, RDX and TSX Sport Wagon crossover vehicles, have each posted double-digit gains for the year to date, including an 85.7-percent rise in sales of the redesigned RDX and a 25.2-percent gain for the TSX Sport Wagon. The all-new Acura ILX continues to gain momentum, posting its fifth consecutive monthly increase on September sales of 1,737 units.
Acura will debut its all-new 2014 Acura RLX luxury sedan on November 28, 2012, at the Los Angeles International Auto Show. The new Acura flagship sedan will employ an array of new technologies unique to Acura, including the Precision All Wheel Steersystem, the next-generation AcuraLinkCommunication System, and the all-new Jewel Eye LED headlamps to deliver an entirely new level of performance, sophistication and comfort.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters' questions on book tour
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq