- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay comments
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
Tuning in to TV: ‘All-Star Celebrity Apprentice’ brings back 14 participants
Question of the Day
The book led to shows on Food Network and Travel Channel, but before long he turned his razor wit on the celebrity food industry, taking particular aim at food celebrities who are not chefs, such as Miss Ray.
Ted Allen, host of Food Network’s “Chopped,” called him an “ex-chef, ex-junkie who’s made a fortune insulting his ex-industry.”
“I’ve always felt that if you’re a public figure and I’m making fun of you and your work on television, at all times it is perfectly appropriate for you to give it back to me,” he said “Well, we’ve set an official appointment for that.”
Comedian Bonnie McFarlane poked fun at the tell-all nature of Bourdain’s book, saying he clearly didn’t understand what “confidential” meant.
“Truth be told, you’re a pretty amazing guy. You’re a husband, a father, a recovering drug addict, he stars in multiple TV shows, he’s traveled the world, he’s written multiple best-sellers,” she said. “Anthony, is there anything you can’t do? I mean, besides cook?”
• Compiled from Web and wire reports
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Sen. Max Baucus: Obamas choice for China ambassador
- Obama's own panel rips NSA spying on phone calls of Americans
- President gets budget win -- but only by staying out of negotiations
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- NAPOLITANO: NSA spies pick up interference from the Constitution
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Right-brain investing in a left-brain world. You can do it. I can help.
News and views on the Civil War.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow