- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
World Briefs: Cardinal causes stir showing Muslim video
Pakistan blamed for killing 3 civilians
SRINAGAR — Pakistani soldiers fired heavy weapons into Indian Kashmir and killed three civilians on Tuesday, the Indian Defense Ministry said, in the latest reported skirmish between the rival nations.
The Pakistanis opened fire near the village of Churunda, near the Line of Control that acts as the de facto border in the Kashmir region, according to the Indian statement.
Pakistani army officials blamed the clash on “unprovoked” Indian fire on a Pakistani army post.
• From wire dispatches and staff reports
TWT Video Picks
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
- EDITORIAL: Lois Lerner's dilemma
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- Bill Clinton struggled to address Islamic extremism: documents
- Trust me: Obama promises new overtime rules will be 'easier for everyone'
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Image of shirtless, tattooed Ted Cruz smoking gets plastered around Beverly Hills
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick's parade that won't allow gays
- BRUCE: The power of bossy
- ECKERT: Keeping Americans in the dark on Benghazi
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014