- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Lindsay Lohan: Actress won’t face charges in alleged N.Y. car scrape
NEW YORK (AP) — Prosecutors are not moving forward with charges against actress Lindsay Lohan after she was accused of clipping a man with her car outside a New York nightclub.
The "Mean Girls" star was due to make her first court appearance in the case Tuesday, but the Manhattan district attorney's office said there now is no court date scheduled at any point.
Lohan publicist Steve Honig said the allegations proved to be "a big nothing," as he had said from the start. The district attorney's office wouldn't elaborate.
The 26-year-old Miss Lohan was arrested on a charge of leaving an accident scene. Restaurant worker Jose Rodriguez said her Porsche hurt his knee last month.
Grainy surveillance footage showed Miss Lohan's car turning as Mr. Rodriguez passed. Blurring to conceal witnesses' faces partially obscured the scene.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- CURL: The modern GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Six Senate seats could hinge on Keystone pipeline
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again