NEW YORK (AP) — Prosecutors are not moving forward with charges against actress Lindsay Lohan after she was accused of clipping a man with her car outside a New York nightclub.
The "Mean Girls" star was due to make her first court appearance in the case Tuesday, but the Manhattan district attorney's office said there now is no court date scheduled at any point.
Lohan publicist Steve Honig said the allegations proved to be "a big nothing," as he had said from the start. The district attorney's office wouldn't elaborate.
The 26-year-old Miss Lohan was arrested on a charge of leaving an accident scene. Restaurant worker Jose Rodriguez said her Porsche hurt his knee last month.
Grainy surveillance footage showed Miss Lohan's car turning as Mr. Rodriguez passed. Blurring to conceal witnesses' faces partially obscured the scene.
By Rand Paul
Obama acts as though we no longer have a Constitution
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up.
Libertarian thought beyond politics, unrestrained by convention.
Benghazi: The anatomy of a scandal
Vietnam Memorial adds four names
Cinco de Mayo on the Mall
NRA kicks off annual convention
California wildfires wreak havoc