- Greenpeace video warns that climate change is wrecking Santa’s home
- Herman Cain profiled in ‘Political Power’ comic book
- Hagel renews Qatar defense pact despite differences over Iran, Syria
- Fire departments fear Obamacare will gut volunteer ranks
- Rep. Alan Grayson loses $18M in stock scheme
- Christmas secularists get 6-foot beer-can Festivus pole at Florida Statehouse
- George Zimmerman’s girlfriend flips on assault: Let ‘my boyfriend’ go
- Lululemon Athletica chairman quits after firestorm over his fat-thighs comment
- CBS’ beleaguered Lara Logan gets a cheerleader — Dan Rather
- Jesus tops list as most significant figure in history; Mohammed at 4th
New terrorism charge in D.C. lobbying group attack
A Virginia man accused of shooting a security guard inside the headquarters of a conservative Christian lobbying group has been charged with committing an act of terrorism.
Federal prosecutors announced a series of new charges Wednesday against Floyd Lee Corkins II, who was arrested two months ago and accused of opening fire inside the Family Research Council building.
Prosecutors say it's the first time they've charged someone with committing an act of terrorism since the District's Anti-Terrorism Act of 2002.
The charge carries a maximum prison sentence of 30 years in prison.
Prosecutors say Mr. Corkins told the guard, Leo Johnson, that he didn't like the organization's politics before opening fire. Mr. Johnson survived the shooting and helped wrestle away the gun.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Nevada rescuers frenzied to find 4 kids, 2 adults lost in snow
- Troops forced to rely on welfare, holiday charity
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Obama eulogizes Mandela, calls him 'the last great liberator'
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral
- EDITORIAL: Colorado ruling takes the cake
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow